Friday 27 May 2011

"We'll figure it out!"

Yesterday... all my troubles seemed so far away... haha we went to an AWESOME Beatles store today!! But as I started out.. we'll talk about yesterday first. I had class all day but the second half we walked around Soho and went inside the Dominion theatre. This is where "We Will Rock You" is performed. Our professor walked us around Soho and gave us the history. We went into a trendy little record shop where I found these guys...





Then CAPA paid for us to have tea (I had coffee) and a pastry and a cute bakery. It was delicious!!

Today Molly and I had a fun typical Friday in London. Prepare yourself for my weirdness on this one... I had this thing called a fish pedicure. I had seen them at the Camden Market but those tanks looked fishy (hehe) so I decided to look up some nicer spa's. I found one in Kensington.. AquaSheko.com if you're interested. Basically they take these fish from Turkey and you place your feet inside of a tank and they eat the dead skin off of your feet. I know I know, sounds gross.. but now I have silky smooth feet. Ha! Here's a picture of the little guys...





Then I met up with Molly for an amazing lunch! We then visited the London Zoo to check out the new penguin beach they just opened. Also, Molly had found a two for one deal online. I have to say that St. Louis zoo puts the London zoo to shame. As you may or may not know I'm not a huge fan of zoo's. I love animals but I feel like they should be in their natural habitat. This is not an invitation for debate btw. haha. The point I'm trying to make is that I feel bad for the animals at the STL zoo which is beautiful, but I reallyyyyy felt bad for these animals. They did not have a lot of room at all! We didn't stay there for too long, then we rented bikes to ride around the city. Barclays has these bike rentals everywhere where you can rent a bike for 1pound for 24 hours. And you rent the bike at a certain station and then return it to wherever you end up. It's really a neat idea and a lot of people utilize them including locals. Here's a pic of the bike stand where we dropped ours off.

Finally we stumbled across this AWESOME store!



They had a ton of Beatles things, it was really cool! My personal favorites were the two Beatles themed jukeboxes. After that I took the tube home and now we are currently making our plans for the evening. Hope everyone is staying safe in tornado alley!

Love and miss you all!

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment