Monday 6 June 2011

High Pimp!

That's high "five" in Welsh. Why am I speaking Welsh all of the sudden?? Well I went to Wales last weekend! Molly, Rebecca, and I had a fun weekend at an adventure lodge in Pembrokeshire. I can't say enough about how awesome the staff and accommodations were at our lodge. If you are ever in Wales and need a little adrenaline rush, check out Preseli Venture. They catered to us all weekend with delicious food, comfy and spacious rooms, and awesome adventures! The first day we went coasteering in the morning and then on a 7 mile hike in the afternoon. Coasteering is basically a form of making your way through the cliffs on the coastline. We climbed up them, jumped off of them, I even ate half of a limpet off of one. Here's a picture of a limpet if you have never seen one. This is as close to sushi as I have gotten this entire trip, which is definitely on my to-do list when I return to the States.

Limpets
The second day we went sea kayaking. Since I had never been kayaking before, this was a good introduction into the sport. It was very calm and really helped us take in the scenery. Wales was a beautiful place. I got some really great pictures that I'll share at the bottom of this post. All in all it was a wonderful and relaxing weekend. The only noise we ran into were the two stag parties taking place at the lodge. A stag party is a bachelor party. Kidding of course, the guys were great and just having a fun time! Although I can't say that I have been to a bachelor party recently, my assumptions formed from The Hangover did not quite meet the agenda for these boys' stag party. Although they did go out and drink, I did not see a tiger or Mike Tyson at any point this weekend.

Today after work Alison and I went to the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square. We saw some incredible paintings including Van Gogh's Sunflowers. The rest of the week is work and then Taylor Browne makes a trip to come see London!

Happy Monday!

The beach in Wales


Showing off my newly developed kayaking skills!

No comments:

Post a Comment